While out shopping, you may notice a few themes being repeated through each store. Here is what is trending in fashion today:
1) The Cross. Religious or not, it is becoming a key symbol mounted on T-shirts, jeans, necklaces, and even one's own flesh. But instead of getting a permanent tattoo of the cross, try Ariella Collection jewlery, sold at Nordstroms. Blinged out crosses that come in rings and bracelets.
2) Leather. We are seeing it everywhere. Britney Spears is wearing a leather sports bra in new cover art that was released today for her remix to Scream and Shout . Even Jennifer Aniston is using this trend to her advantage on the red carpet. A little leather can never hurt a fashionista. The greatest recommendation is to buy a dark leather motor jacket that can be used throughout the seasons.
3) Green. Whether it is mint green, forest green, or kelly green, the color is going to be seen throughout spring and summer 2013. It is being used as accents and main pieces. This is a trend that can be easily worked into a wardrobe without spending top price for designer duds. The whole point of adding in green is to create fun, and a splash of color to an outfit. Therefore any kind of green accessories from Forever 21 or H&M that look expensive will do just fine.
4) Loose fitting clothes. The word 'grunge' is being thrown around a lot in the fashion world, predicting the 20 year old trend is making its way back into the scene. If you are unwilling to dig deep into your closet for your best 90's gear, try throwing in a few loose blouses instead. The grunge look that is appear in 2013 is not as dirt, making flowing shirts, or oversize sweaters appropriate for this trend.
5) Flats. Say goodbye to the stilettos this year, flat shoes are making a big change to the type of footwear women will be adorning in the upcoming months. Can I just tell you how very excited this makes some of my close friends. Yes the super high heels will always find its place in fashion, but we are going to be seeing a lot more loafers as well coinciding with the 'grunge' look that was mentioned above.
There you have it, the top five trends that are making there way to the top.