The Sacred Sage and The Vines Flower & Garden Shop will be hosting their annual Farmington Faerie Gathering this February on the weekend of the 20th thru 22nd. Celebrating all things Faerie, it promises to be a full fledged family fun event that offers excitement, adventure, and of course - Faeries.
Just some of the fun that you can find there will be
- Fairy Door Scavenger Hunt - Adult and children's hunts for prize entry
- Rose Garden Faerie Tea - all ages on February 22 in The Village Mall
- Faerie Vendors - all weekend at participating shops
- Faerie Oracle card readings - Free at The Sacred Sage
- Tell a Faerie Tale - open mic event at Raven Writing Studio
- Enchanted Forest Faerie Ball at the Finnish Cultural center - 21+. Tickets are $20
- Face Painting - all ages
- Faerie Crown Making - at The Vines Flower and Garden Shop
- Mini Mediations and Faerie Crafts at Peaceful Spirit Studio
The list goes on. Pricing is available for each event at their website http://www.farmingtonfaeriegathering.com. Since most activities take place during the day, it leaves plenty of time for folks who may be in town for ConVocation 2014 to stop by for a day trip.
This is a great day for Mother/Daughter bonding time. Who wouldn't love to attend a high tea with their child, dressed as a Faery? Memories are priceless. The day could be continued at home with baking Fairy Cakes, as shown in the video accompanying this article. Please note that 120 degrees C in video translates to 320 degree F.
Those who deal with the Fae may also wish to bring strategic treats to carry, just in case. That is, if you wish to hold onto your keys.
For those who wish to go deeper into the phenomena of Fae gatherings, visit The World of Faeries Festival in Illinois this August. Going into its tenth year, it is a spectacle of sparkly proportions.
Like what you read in the Detroit Paganism Examiner? Subscribe and be sure not to miss a release.