The warmer weather brings a change in appetite and menu selection. San Antonio residents are fortunate to have many convenient locations for farmers markets across the area and now is a great time to gather the local produce.
Each market features a variety of vendors with produce, specialty foods, olive oil, roasted nuts, fruits, breads and baked goods.
Here is a partial list of the markets that are open on weekends:
1. Goliad Market Day located at 231 S. Market St every 2nd Sat. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Hill Country Farmers at Legacy Shopping Center on Loop 1604 and Highway 281 is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. Pearl Farmers Market at 200 Grayson Street is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4. Hill Country Leon Springs at 2411 Boerne Stage Road is open from 8:30 a.m to 1 p.m.
1. Quarry Farmers at 255 E. Basse is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
2. Hill Country at the Rim Shopping Center 17503 La Cantera Parkway is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. RIPE Farmers is at the Eilan Hotel on 17103 La Cantera Parkway from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m
4. Legacy Farmers at 18402 Highway 281 N is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Enjoy a healthy fruitful season and support the local farmers.
For the latest business news and local events, click on the subscribe button above (under my name) and you will receive an email alert when the next article is released.