Over on the official forums for “Far Cry 3,” the Ubisoft Community Manager came forward today in order to announce a few new features and changes that will be making their way to this title. It is explained that many of these new features and changes have been taken from the vast amount of player feedback that they have been evaluating since the game was released.
It is stated that the “Far Cry 3” team at Ubisoft has been collecting player feedback since the game initially released. “During the games first few months, the Far Cry 3 Team has been collecting feedback from our players; those who enjoy the storyline, those who play online as well as our map makers. New functionality has been requested, and some have suggested improvements to already existing features.”
Going on to describe some of the new features and changes that will be implemented into “Far Cry 3,” Ubisoft has confirmed that the requested ability to reset outposts will be implemented into the game. In addition to this, the single player portion of this title will receive a new difficulty setting, which will be called “Master.”
As for multiplayer changes, the feedback system for user-created maps has received an expansion. Players will also have the ability to beta map test and spectate. Describing this new implementation, Ubisoft provided the following information:
- Someone makes a map in the editor and uploads or publishes it.
- They start their map with a special option called “Start Beta Test”.
- Other players who wish to help out with testing new maps, can join the new Beta Test Playlist or go into the Map Archive where all current maps in Beta Test will be displayed.
- While in Beta test mode, the map creator can use the new spectating feature to monitor how their map is played.
- After the round is finished, the players give feedback that the mapmaker can then use to improve the map.
Players will also have the option to find other maps by the same author and remove “idle kick time” in custom matches. For more information about these changes, proceed to the official post on the “Far Cry 3” forums.
For those interested, you can view a few screenshots taken from “Far Cry 3” in the slideshow featured above this article.