Patch v1.05 was released for Far Cry 3 across all platforms earlier today. The free to download patch includes several changes to both the multiplayer and single player modes of the game based on player feedback of the game. New gameplay features and options include:
- After the end of the game, players can now choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again.
- Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on the new MASTER difficulty setting, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife.
- Map makers can now start a beta test to monitor how their map is being played using the new spectate feature and regular players are enabled to provide better feedback to help map makers improve their projects.
- Players will be able to show all the maps created by an author.
- Idle kick, the feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match has been removed from custom and private matches.
- The "Skip Map" voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote.
- A new mini-game called "The Grid" has been added to the Outpost website and smartphone apps.