The Jacksonville Jaguars are the worst team in the NFL, but help might be coming. According to ESPN on Oct. 2, wide receiver Justin Blackmon returns from his four-game suspension and hopes to give the ailing Jags a new weapon they can try to use in their struggling offense.
Here are the fantasy football wide receiver rankings for week five.
1. Calvin Johnson – The Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers will be in a shoot out on Sunday, and while the Packers have plenty of receivers to spread the ball around to, Detroit has Calvin Johnson. This will be a monster game for Calvin as the two teams run up the score.
2. Dez Bryant – Much like Detroit, Dez Bryant is the only big wide receiver weapon for the Dallas Cowboys as they battle to match points with Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. If Bryant does not have a huge game, Dallas might get blown out.
3. Demaryius Thomas – There are two names in the top five for Denver, and Demaryius Thomas will hope to see the same success against the Cowboys that Victor Cruz did. The Cowboys secondary has been burned one too many times by big-game receivers, and Thomas is a big-game receiver.
4. Julio Jones – With Roddy White not back to 100 percent yet, this is still the Julio Jones show in Atlanta. The Falcons get the New York Jets on Monday night and Jones should continue to be the biggest weapon on this offense as Atlanta tries to get something going.
5. Wes Welker – While Thomas will be the big-play receiver, Wes Welker will take advantage of the Tampa 2 defense and chip away all game. Don’t be surprised to see him with over 10 receptions in the game and move him up in PPR leagues. This is going to be a typical Denver Broncos game.
6. Victor Cruz
7. DeSean Jackson
8. Jordy Nelson
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Josh Gordon
11. A.J. Green
12. Larry Fitzgerald