An inconsistent, but explosive wide receiver just signed on with the New York Jets and will actually be on the field playing this week. According to ESPN on Oct. 16, former Cleveland Browns’ receiver Josh Cribbs signed with the Jets and will have a chance to return kicks in his first game with the team, while also working on getting in on some offensive plays as well.
Here are the fantasy football wide receiver rankings for week seven.
1. Dez Bryant – The Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles will be a shootout and Dez Bryant will be the star of this game. He is the best target Tony Romo has and the Eagles defense ranks dead last in the NFL. Expect a multi-touchdown game for Bryant in a high scoring affair.
2. A.J. Green – The Cincinnati Bengals and Detroit Lions looks like a game that will be a pass happy affair. Matt Stafford will throw the ball a lot and the Bengals will have to throw to keep pace. Andy Dalton’s only true superstar target is A.J. Green and he should be a star this week.
3. Josh Gordon – From the ashes of the Cleveland Browns, Josh Gordon has risen as a true star on the squad. Through four games this season, Gordon has 429 yards and two touchdowns. Against the suspect Green Bay defense, expect Gordon to continue his breakout campaign.
4. Wes Welker – Over the last two weeks, Wes Welker has supplanted Demaryius Thomas as the best fantasy option in the Denver receiver corps. While Thomas will get his big games, Welker is a consistent threat and will always have more receptions and more opportunities. Against the Colts, he will be one of Peyton Manning’s favorite weapons.
5. Brandon Marshall – Marshall should feast on the Washington defense. They are not bad, and they held Dez Bryant at bay last week, but the Chicago Bears have few options in the passing game and a healthier running game, so Marshall should get plenty of looks this week.
6. DeSean Jackson
7. Jordy Nelson
8. Justin Blackmon
9. Calvin Johnson
10. Victor Cruz