Adrian Peterson has not had a very easy time the last week. Just last week his son was murdered and he played through his pain on Sunday. According to ESPN on Oct. 16, Peterson also missed practice on Wednesday for personal reasons but is still expected to play once again in week seven.
Here are the fantasy football running backs rankings for week seven.
1. Adrian Peterson – Peterson had a poor outing in week six, which is forgivable because of his son’s death a few days before the game. He should be back to full strength this week thanks to the matchup with the lowly New York Giants. The Giants defense is pretty bad this year and Peterson should shred them.
2. LeSean McCoy – The top running back in the NFL this year is LeSean McCoy, and while Dallas has played well in stopping running backs this season, expect McCoy to be a different beast. The screen passes he catches should be the difference here and the Eagles will get him involved every way they can.
3. Jamaal Charles – Charles faces a solid Houston Texans defense, but their run defense is lacking a bit this season. That is bad because, when it comes to Charles, the opponent doesn’t matter. He will get his fantasy points come rain, snow or dead of night. The guy is more reliable than the postman.
4. Marshawn Lynch – Lynch is banged up, which never really matters for the big bruising running back. He is probable for his Thursday night game against Arizona and there should be no stopping him in the national spotlight.
5. Matt Forte – DeMarco Murray was starting to shred the Redskins defense in week six before an injury and Matt Forte should do the same this week as well. Forte struggled last week and still broke 100 yards. With his pass catching just as important, he will have a solid outing this week once again.
6. Doug Martin
7. Arian Foster
8. Alfred Morris
9. Frank Gore
10. Eddie Lacy