The biggest quarterback battle in week seven of the fantasy football season is Peyton Manning vs. Andrew Luck in Manning’s first appearance in Indianapolis since the Colts dumped him. According to ESPN on Oct. 16, Colts owner Jim Irsay made some disparaging remarks about Manning’s days in Indy, maybe motivating the quarterback even more.
Here are the fantasy football quarterback rankings for week seven.
1. Peyton Manning – Manning has a lot to prove as he returns to Indianapolis for the first time since they cut him. He is having the best year of any quarterback in the NFL and will want to prove he was worth every penny when he faces his old team on Sunday Night Football.
2. Tony Romo – Romo gets a lot of flack but he remains one of the best statistical quarterbacks in the NFL. He has only thrown three interceptions in the Cowboys’ first six games this season and in week seven he plays the worst defense in the NFL. This game should be a shootout, so expect big numbers from Romo.
3. Aaron Rodgers – Rodgers lost two of his top receiver targets last week and still threw for 315 yards in the game. This week Green Bay plays Cleveland, a team with a solid shutdown corner, but Rodgers should have plenty of options in the game anyway.
4. Philip Rivers – Rivers had an off-game last week against the Indianapolis Colts and people were crying that the “old Rivers” was coming back. In week seven, he gets the Jacksonville Jaguars. While the Jags slowed down Peyton Manning in week six, expect Rivers to have a solid game against them this week.
5. Jay Cutler – Cutler is one of the better NFL quarterbacks to get very little recognition and praise week in and week out. He has two solid targets in Brandon Marshall and tight end Martellus Bennett and faces a weak Washington Redskins defense in week seven.
6. Andrew Luck
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Nick Foles
9. Cam Newton
10. Robert Griffin III