All across America, fantasy football players are chomping at the bit as the return of the NFL season officially is less than 8 hours away! According to a abilene-rc.com report on Sept. 5, over 19 million Fantasy Football fanatics are ready for action. It's safe to say the people love their Fantasy Football.
Fantasy football has grown from a small game that a few die-hard fans liked playing, to a game that is almost as big as the actual games themselves.
Even the NFL players themselves like to see where their own stats lead them from week-to-week!
No matter whom you play with, how many people are in your league or what the top prize is, fantasy footballers take their game seriously.
Here is a look at my picks to click in Week 1 of the 2013 season. Who are yours?
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos vs. Baltimore Ravens - Look for Peyton to avenge a terrible 2012 post-season loss with a big game vs. a Ravens defense that lost a lot of players.
2. Drew Brees, New Orleans vs. Atlanta Falcons - Packed house in the Big Easy as Drew Brees is reunited with Sean Peyton. Oh and the fact that Brees throws for almost 350 yards per game vs. Atlanta over the last five season helps!
3. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings - Stafford loves the Vikings. He has averaged 300+ yards vs. Minnesota the last two seasons.
1. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks vs. Carolina Panthers - Lynch and the Seahawks are on a mission. The cross Country trip for Seattle should result in a win and a 100+ yard game for Lynch.
2. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions - Peterson is 100% back. AP looks to have a monster 2013 season.
3. Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New York Jets -Tampa is an up and down team but look for Bucs to control the ball vs. the Jets, who are are starting a rookie QB.
1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings - Calvin is the best, hands down
2. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos vs. Baltimore Ravens - Thomas is coming into his own. The Manning to Thomas connection should work well vs. Baltimore, especially with addition of Wes Welker.
3. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants - The Giants have owned Dallas in ‘BigD’, Bryant needs to break out and help the Boys get a win to start the season.
New England, Tampa Bay
Sleepers to keep an eye on:
Josh Freeman, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New York Jets - Freeman and the Bucs need to win this game if they are thinking of making the NFL playoffs. Sure it's only Week 1, but Josh has to be better than Jets rookie Geno Smith.
Reggie Bush, RB Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings - All eyes will be on AP, but Bush and the Lions will be fired up for this game.
Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs vs. Jacsonville Jags - Smith is now the leader of a team, just like he was in San Francisco. He should have a nice game vs. Jacksonville.
Good luck fellow players!