Week five of fantasy football sees the second week of byes, and Robert Griffin III is the only quality starter in fantasy football who is off this week. According to ESPN on Oct. 2, Peyton Manning is the frontrunner for the NFL MVP award once again, and this week he gets to throw the ball against a suspect Dallas Cowboys’ defense.
Here are the fantasy football quarterback rankings for week five.
1. Peyton Manning – The Dallas Cowboys gave up 450 yards to Eli Manning and there is no way they can stop Peyton Manning. This should be another monster game for the MVP.
2. Drew Brees – Breed made the solid Miami defense look bad and this week he will take it to the Chicago Bears. There is a chance this is a high scoring game, and Brees should have a big performance.
3. Aaron Rodgers – Speaking of shoot outs, Aaron Rodgers and Matthew Stafford should be in a fun battle all day long as the two gun slingers launch the ball all over the field against each other’s lesser defenses.
4. Tony Romo – While Dallas needs to run the ball to win, Tony Romo will want to match up to Peyton Manning, and because of that might be playing from behind the entire game.
5. Matthew Stafford – The same thing that was said about Rodgers is true about Stafford. This will be a high scoring affair and both quarterbacks should be on fire in this game.
6. Cam Newton
7. Matt Ryan
8. Michael Vick
9. Philip Rivers
10. Tom Brady
11. Eli Manning
12. Sam Bradford