The fantasy football playoff weekend begins with a new No. 1 wide receiver. By the narrowest of margins, Cincinnati’s A.J. Green has moved past Detroit’s Calvin Johnson into the top spot.
Week #15 triggered other significant changes. For example, Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns enters a week 16 game against the New York Jets as the No. 5 wide receiver. Gordon dropped three spots from No. 2 after catching only three passes for 67 yards in a week 15 loss to the Chicago Bears.
Some wide receivers fell off the list like Wes Welker of the Denver Broncos, the Giants’ Victor Cruz, Michael Floyd of Arizona, Jacksonville’s Cecil Shorts III and Anquan Boldin of the 49ers.
Other wide receivers who are on the rise and were added to the list include Mike Wallace of Miami, the Falcons’ Roddy White, Marques Colston of the Saints, Minnesota’s Greg Jennings and Danny Amendola of the Patriots.
The top 30 list provided by the Michigan Gnome and me gives you the player's name and NFL team, projected fantasy football production in week 16 and whether the wide receiveer has been "rising", "on par" or "falling" in the last four games.
- A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals (17.5 fantasy football points, rising)
- Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions (17.5 points, falling)
- Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears (16.5, rising)
- Pierre Garcon, Washington Redskins (16, rising)
- Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns (16, falling)
- Andre Johnson, Houston Texans (16, rising)
- Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys (15.5, on par)
- Julian Edelman, New England Patriots (14.5, rising)
- Eric Decker, Denver Broncos (14.5, rising)
- Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers (13.5, falling)
- Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos (13.5, falling)
- Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears (13.5, falling)
- Keenan Allen, San Diego Chargers (13, rising)
- Mike Wallace, Miami Dolphins (12, rising)
- Cordarrelle Patterson, Minnesota Vikings (12, rising)
- Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons (11.5, rising)
- DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles (11.5, falling)
- Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins (11.5, rising)
- Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11.5, falling)
- Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals (11.5, on par)
- Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints (11.5, rising)
- Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers (11, falling)
- T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts (10.5, on par)
- Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens (10.5, falling)
- Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings (10.5, rising)
- Danny Amendola, New England Patriots (10.5, rising)
- Andre Caldwell, Denver Broncos (10.5, rising)
- Kendall Wright, Tennessee Titans (10.5, rising)
- Jacoby Jones, Baltimore Ravens (10, rising)
- Harry Douglas, Atlanta Falcons (10, rising)
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.