Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints is the ideal starting quarterback in week #9 of the season, while Peyton Manning of the Broncos enjoys his "Bye" week.
Brees is No. 2 in fantasy football scoring with 201 points and No. 2 in touchdown passes with 19. He has thrown for 2,290 yards and squares off against a New York Jets secondary that is No.15 in the league in passing defense.
The preferred starting lineup for running backs has been pretty consistent. The Chiefs' Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson of the Vikings are the best pair of backs in fantasy football.
Dallas wide receiver Dez Bryant was our No. 1 target at wide receiver in week 8 and he's No. 1 this week. (Though Calvin Johnson had a record-breaking game last week against the Cowboys, week 9 is the Lions "Bye" week.)
As we have all season, this week's fantasy football picks are dedicated to the memory of Spaz, the magnificent football predicting cat, who died at the age of 15 earlier this year. Here are "Spaz's Super Duper Start 'em This Week Studs."
SPAZ'S SUPER DUPER START 'EM THIS WEEK STUDS
- Quarterback - Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (30 points)
- Running back #1 - Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs (20)
- Running back #2 - Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings (18)
- Wide receiver #1 - Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys (20)
- Wide receiver #2 - Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers (16)
- Wide receiver #3 - Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh Steelers (15)
- Tight end - Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers (12)
- Defense/Special Teams - Kansas City Chiefs (19)
- Kicker - Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots (12)
We've listed the studs and now here are the duds.
DENI'S DON'T YOU DARE START THEM THIS WEEK DUDS
- Quarterback - Mike Glennon, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Running back #1 - Roy Helu Jr., Washington Redskins
- Running back #2 - Willis McGahee, Cleveland Browns
- Wide receiver #1 - Jacoby Jones, Baltimore Ravens
- Wide receiver #2 - Stevie Johnson, Buffalo Bills
- Wide receiver #3 - Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs
- Tight end - Zach Ertz, Philiadelphia Eagles
- Defense/Special Teams - Minnesota Vikings
- Kicker - Nick Folk, New York Jets
The Michigan Gnome selected the following "Sleepers" for Week #9. They are the players worth reconsidering before you finish your lineup card for the 8th week of fantasy football.
MICHIGAN GNOME'S SLEEPERS FOR WEEK #9
- Quarterback - Terrelle Pryor, Oakland Raiders
- Running back #1 - Ryan Mathews, San Diego Chargers
- Running back #2 - Stevan Ridley, New England Patriots
- Wide receiver #1 - Jarrett Boykin, Green Bay Packers
- Wide receiver #2 - Kendall Wright, Tennessee Titans
- Wide receiver #3 - Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears
- Tight end - Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Defense/Special Teams - Oakland Raiders
- Kicker - Sebastian Janikowski, Oakland Raiders
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to email@example.com.