Quarterback Peyton Manning has an opportunity to put up big numbers, but nothing equal to the 60 fantasy points he scored in week #1 of the 2013 season.
The Denver quarterback and fantasy football's leading scorer should be able to score 30 points against the Jacksonville Jaguars in week #6. It should also be an excellent weekend for running backs Adrian Peterson (aka "AP") and Jamaal Charles.
This week's fantasy football picks are dedicated to the memory of Spaz, the magnificent football predicting cat, who died at the age of 15 earlier this year. Here are "Spaz's Super Duper Start 'em This Week Studs."
SPAZ'S SUPER DUPER START 'EM THIS WEEK STUDS
- Quarterback - Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (30 points)
- Running back #1 - Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings (19)
- Running back #2 - Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs (18)
- Wide receiver #1 - Victor Cruz, New York Giants (Expected - 16 points; actual results - 8 points last Thursday against Chicago)
- Wide receiver #2 - Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys (15)
- Wide receiver #3 - Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears (Expected - 14 points; actual results - 24.5 points last Thursday against New Yotk Giants)
- Tight end - Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints (16)
- Defense/Special Teams - Denver Broncos (20)
- Kicker - Adam Vinatieri, Indiaianpolis Colts (12)
We've listed the studs and now here are the duds.
DENI'S DON'T YOU DARE START THEM THIS WEEK DUDS
- Quarterback - Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
- Running back #1 - Willis McGahee, Cleveland Browns
- Running back #2 - Andre Ellington, Arizona Cardinals
- Wide receiver #1 - Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs
- Wide receiver #2 - Jersome Simpson, Minnesota Vikings
- Wide receiver #3 - Brandon LaFell, Carolina Panthers
- Tight end - Zach Miller, Seattle Seahawks
- Defense/Special Teams - Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kicker - Rian Lindell, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Michigan Gnome selected the following "Sleepers" for Week #6. They are the players worth reconsidering before you finish your lineup card for the 6th week of fantasy football.
MICHIGAN GNOME'S SLEEPERS FOR WEEK #6
- Quarterback - Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (Actual results - 24 points last Thursday against New York Giants)
- Running back #1 - Darren Sproles, New Orleans Saints
- Running back #2 - Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
- Wide receiver #1 - Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints
- Wide receiver #2 - Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers
- Wide receiver #3 - Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears (Actual results - 3.5 points last Thursday against New York Giants)
- Tight end - Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos
- Defense/Special Teams - Houston Texans
- Kicker - Phil Dawson, San Francisco 49ers
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.