Of course, Denver quarterback Peyton Manning is fantasy football's leading scorer so putting him atop 'Spaz's Super Duper Start 'Em This Week Studs' for Week 5 is a no-brainer.
Unfortunately, there can be only one quarterback on the weekly studs list.but it is a great weekend to start the Saints' Drew Brees or Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers. Brees has gotten progressively better each week, including 413 yards passing and four touchdown passes in Week 4 against Miami. He should be good for 27 fantasy points against the Bears tomorrow.
If Rodgers gets adequate protection against the young and aggressive defensive line of the Detroit Lions, the Green Bay quarterback should be good for 26 fantasy points. (I am hoping Packers wide receiver James Jones has a good game, because he has to start on my team due to the "Bye" week absence of Vincent Jackson.)
This week's fantasy football picks are dedicated to the memory of Spaz, the magnificent football predicting cat, who died at the age of 15 earlier this year. Here are "Spaz's Super Duper Start 'em This Week Studs."
SPAZ'S SUPER DUPER START 'EM THIS WEEK STUDS
- Quarterback - Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (28)
- Running back #1 - Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs (18 points)
- Running back #2 - Matt Forte, Chicago Bears (16)
- Wide receiver #1 - Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions (18)
- Wide receiver #2 - Wes Welker, Denver Broncos (16)
- Wide receiver #3 - Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers (16)
- Tight end - Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns (Expected - 11.5 points; actual results - 4.5 points last Thursday against Buffalo)
- Defense/Special Teams - St. Louis Rams (14)
- Kicker - Matt Bryant, Atlanta Falcons (12)
We've listed the studs and now here are the duds.
DENI'S DON'T YOU DARE START THEM THIS WEEK DUDS
- Quarterback - Blaine Gabbert, Jacksonville Jaquars
- Running back #1 - Zac Stacy, St. Louis Rams
- Running back #2 - Donald Brown, Indianapolis Colts
- Wide receiver #1 - Chris Givens, St. Louis Rams
- Wide receiver #2 - Ted Ginn Jr., Carolina Panthers
- Wide receiver #3 - Denarius Moore, Oakland Raiders
- Tight end - Garrett Graham, Houston Texans
- Defense/Special Teams - Dallas Cowboys
- Kicker - Nick Folk, New York Jets
The Michigan Gnome selected the following "Sleepers" for Week #5. They are the players worth reconsidering before you finish your lineup card for the 5th week of fantasy football.
MICHIGAN GNOME'S SLEEPERS FOR WEEK #5
- Quarterback - Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
- Running back #1 - Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions
- Running back #2 - DeMarco Murray, Dallas Cowboys
- Wide receiver #1 - James Jones, Green Bay Packers
- Wide receiver #2 - Torrey Smith, Baltimore Ravens
- Wide receiver #3 - Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts
- Tight end - Jermichael Finley, Green Bay Packers
- Defense/Special Teams - Kansas City Chiefs
- Kicker - Robbie Gould, Chicago Bears
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.