Peyton Manning owns 2013 Fantasy Football. Okay, that may be stretching it a bit, but last weekend Peyton proved he still has game as he put up monstrous numbers against the Ravens in Week 1. What do you do for an encore after you throw 7 touchdown passes and nearly 500 yards in Week 1?
According to a CBS Fantasy football report on Sept 11, Broncos tight-end Julius Thomas had his coming-out party against Baltimore as he caught five balls for 110 yards and two touchdowns. Is he the real deal or was Thomas just a one week wonder? If you have him, use him. He gets the nod this week as a sleeper pick, however if he has another great game the "sleeper" tag will have to be removed!
1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos vs. NY Giants – The Broncos struggle in the Big Apple, but you gotta ride that hot hand of Manning.
2. Tom Brady New England vs. NY Jets – My theory is simple. If the Pats are a playoff team, they will wear down the Jets and win going away. I expect Brady type numbers from Tom Terrific.
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans vs. Tampa Bay – The Bucs lost to the Jets, that is all.
1. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles vs. Chargers – Chip Kelly’s new offense will have the Bolts running all day and McCoy should have a great game.
2. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings vs. Bears – Two roadies in a row for Minnesota, but AP loves running vs. Chicago. Last season Peterson had over 300 yards and 2 scores vs. Da Bears.
3. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens vs. Browns - Rice and the Ravens need a bounce back game. They should get one in their home opener as they will be in front of a full house honoring last season's champions.
1. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions - Not big numbers last week, but he is always a must play.
2. Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons - Back home in the Dome after a tough loss vs. NO.
3. Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos - Thomas caught five passes for 161 yards and two touchdown's in Week 1. He is the real deal in this go-go Broncos offense.
New England, Cincinnati
Sleepers to keep an eye on:
1. Terrelle Pryor Oakland Raiders vs. Jags - Pryor rushed for 112 yards and threw for 217 vs. the Indianapolis Colts last week. Look for better results vs. J-ville.
2. Julius Thomas, Broncos vs. Giants - Peyton went to him early and often last week vs. Baltimore and a fantasy star was born. With all the weapons Manning has, the Giants can't cover them all.
3. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs vs. Dallas – Charles had over 100 total yards last week J-Ville. Dallas is better than the Jags, but KC and their crowd will be pumped in their home opener.
4. Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions vs. Cardinals - Bush wasn't on many FF players charts as a must have, but his career may be revived in Motown. Bush had a good Week 1 vs. Minnesota, it should be more of the same in Week 2.
Good luck players!