Denver quarterback Peyton Manning's seven touchdown passes overshadowed the 30-point effort in week 1 by Aaron Rodgers. The Green Bay quarterback three threw touchdown passes and for 333 yards in the Packers' 34-28 loss to San Francisco.
This week Mr. Rodgers and the Pack face a Redskin defense that had a hard time stopping the new-look Philadelphia Eagle offense. Green Bay cannot afford starting the season with an 0-2 record, so expect Rodgers to have a solid game and score 24 fantasy points.
This week's fantasy football picks are dedicated to the memory of Spaz, the magnificent football predicting cat, who died at the age of 15 earlier this year. Here are "Spaz's Super Duper Start 'em This Week Studs."
SPAZ'S SUPER DUPER START 'EM THIS WEEK STUDS
- Quarterback - Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (Expected Output: 24 points)
- Running back #1 - LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles (18 points)
- Running back #2 - Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (17)
- Wide receiver #1 - Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions (17)
- Wide receiver #2 - Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos (16)
- Wide receiver #3 - Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears (16)
- Tight end - Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints (16)
- Defense/Special Teams - Houston Texans
- Kicker - Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens
We've listed the studs and now here are the duds.
DENI'S DON'T YOU DARE START THEM THIS WEEK DUDS
- Quarterback - Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans
- Running back #1 - BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cincinnati Bengals
- Running back #2 - Montee Ball, Denver Broncos
- Wide receiver #1 - Nate Washington, Tennessee Titans
- Wide receiver #2 - Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings
- Wide receiver #3 - Sidney Rice, Seattle Seahawks
- Tight end - Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions
- Defense/Special Teams - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Kicker - Nick Novak, San Diego Chargers
The Michigan Gnome selected the following "Sleepers" for week #2. They are the players worth reconsidering before you finish your lineup card for the 2nd week of fantasy football.
MICHIGAN GNOME'S SLEEPERS FOR WEEK #2
- Quarterback - Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams
- Running back #1 - Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions
- Running back #2 - Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Wide receiver #1 - DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagles
- Wide receiver #2 - Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers
- Tight end - Zach Miller, Seattle Seahawks
- Defense/Special Teams - Detroit Lions
- Kicker - Adam vinatieri, Indianapolis Colts
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.