Philadelphia quarterback Nick Foles, Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles, Eagles running back LeSean McCoy and Detroit wide receiver Calvin Johnson are in the heat of the battle for NFL playoff spots and it should bring out the best in these fantasy football players in week #15 of the NFL schedule.
Nick Foles has gotten a lot of well-deserved attention since he became the Eagles starting quarterback. Among his accomplishments, Foles' 152.8 quarterback rating in the month of November is the highest QB rating for any month in NFL history. Foles is projected to score 26 fantasy football points in Sunday's game against Minnesota.
Jamaal Charles of the Kansas City Chiefs is fantasy football's No. 1 running back with 253.5 points. He has 13 touchdowns, 1,161 rushing yards and 460 receiving yards.
Despite the snow on the field last Sunday, Eagles running back LeSean McCoy ran through and away from the Detroit Lions in rushing for 217 yards and scoring two touchdowns. McCoy is No. 3 in fantasy football scoring among running backs with 227 points.
Detroit (7-6) desperately needs a big game from wide receiver Calvin Johnson as they battle for first place in the NFC North. Lions fans have been encouraged to wear Honolulu blue to the Monday night home game against the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens (7-6) are battling for a wild card spot in the AFC playoffs, but Johnson should score at least 17.5 points against the Baltimore secondary.
As we have all season, this week's fantasy football picks are dedicated to the memory of Spaz, the magnificent football predicting cat, who died at the age of 15 earlier this year. Here are "Spaz's Super Duper Start 'em This Week Studs."
SPAZ'S SUPER DUPER START 'EM THIS WEEK STUDS
- Quarterback – Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles (26 fantasy football points)
- Running back #1 – Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs (19 points)
- Running back #2 – LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles (19)
- Wide receiver #1 – Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions (17.5)
- Wide receiver #2 – Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears (16)
- Wide receiver #3 – Andre Johnson, Houston Texanss (15)
- Tight end – Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints (13)
- Defense/Special Teams – Carolina Panthers (20)
- Kicker – Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots (13)
We've listed the studs and now here are the duds.
DENI'S DON'T YOU DARE START THEM THIS WEEK DUDS
- Quarterback – Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
- Running back #1 – Chris Ivory, New York Jets
- Running back #2 – Roy Helu Jr., Washington Redskins
- Wide receiver #1 – Tavon Austin, St. Louis Rams
- Wide receiver #2 – Justin Hunter, Tennessee Titans
- Wide receiver #3 – Jermaine Kearse, Seattle Seahawks
- Tight end – Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams
- Defense/Special Teams – Minnesota Vikings
- Kicker – Josh Brown, New York Giants
The Michigan Gnome selected the following "Sleepers" for week #15.
MICHIGAN GNOME'S SLEEPERS
- Quarterback – Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs
- Running back #1 – Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
- Running back #2 – Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
- Wide receiver #1 – Marques Colston, New Orleans Saints
- Wide receiver #2 – Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
- Wide receiver #3 – Jacoby Jones, Baltimore Ravens
- Tight end – Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts
- Defense/Special Teams – New Orleans Saints
- Kicker – Dan Bailey, Dallas Cowboys
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.