This is the weekend (#14) to start the Bears’ top-notch tandem of wide receivers: Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery.
Chicago is playing Dallas next Monday night and the Cowboys have had issues in their secondary this season. Marshall and Jeffery may combine for 35-50 fantasy football points in a game that has playoff implications for both teams.
Denver quarterback Peyton Manning leads this week’s picks with an expected output of 24 points against Tennessee. Despite their 5-7 record, the Titans are still in the thick of the battle for an AFC playoff spot.
Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles had a combined total of 120 yards against Denver. He should almost double that amount of yardage against Washington.
Check out the Michigan Gnome’s list of “Sleepers” for week 14. My favorites are his selection of Darren Sproles of New Orleans and Giovanni Bernard of the Cincinnati Bengals as the running backs.
As we have all season, this week's fantasy football picks are dedicated to the memory of Spaz, the magnificent football predicting cat, who died at the age of 15 earlier this year. Here are "Spaz's Super Duper Start 'em This Week Studs."
SPAZ'S SUPER DUPER START 'EM THIS WEEK STUDS
- Quarterback – Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (24 fantasy football points)
- Running back #1 – Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs (19 points)
- Running back #2 – Matt Forte, Chicago Bears (18.5)
- Wide receiver #1 – Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions (20.5)
- Wide receiver #2 – Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears (16)
- Wide receiver #3 – Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears (15.5)
- Tight end – Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints (14)
- Defense/Special Teams – St. Louis Rams (15)
- Kicker – Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens (13.5)
We've listed the studs and now here are the duds.
DENI'S DON'T YOU DARE START THEM THIS WEEK DUDS
- Quarterback – Kellen Clemens, St. Louis Rams
- Running back #1 – Jacquizz Rodgers, Atlanta Falcons
- Running back #2 – DeAngelo Williams, Carolina Panthers
- Wide receiver #1 – Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers
- Wide receiver #2 – Greg Jennings, Minnesota Vikings
- Wide receiver #3 – Doug Baldwin, Seattle Seahawks
- Tight end – Ladarius Green, San Diego Chargers
- Defense/Special Teams – Washington Redskins
- Kicker – Caleb Sturgis, Miami Dolphins
The Michigan Gnome selected the following "Sleepers" for week #14.
MICHIGAN GNOME'S SLEEPERS
- Quarterback – Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco
- Running back #1 – Darren Sproles, New Orleans Saints
- Running back #2 – Giovanni Bernard, Cincinnati Bengals
- Wide receiver #1 – Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
- Wide receiver #2 – Wes Welker, Denver Broncos
- Wide receiver #3 – Victor Cruz, New York Giants
- Tight end – Jordan Cameron, Cleveland Browns
- Defense/Special Teams – San Diego Chargers
- Kicker – Graham Gano, Carolina Panthers
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.