Fantasy football in 2013 is off to a thunderous start with Denver quarterback Peyton Manning throwing seven touchdown passes in the season opener against the NFL Champion Baltimore Ravens. And there is more to come courtesy of Mr. Brees, Mr. Peterson and Mr. Johnson.
New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees and the Saints square off against division rival Atlanta in what should be a high-scoring game. Both Brees and Atlanta's Matt Ryan are top 10 fantasy QBs, but the edge goes to the Saints starting quarterback in their home opener.
This year's fantasy football picks are dedicated to the memory of Spaz, the magnificent football predicting cat, who died at the age of 15 earlier this year. The selection of Brees as the quarterback to start in week #1 is just one part of what will be called "Spaz's Super Duper Start 'em This Week Studs." Here is the rest of the starting lineup:
SPAZ'S SUPER DUPER START 'EM THIS WEEK STUDS
- Quarterback - Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
- Running back #1 - Adrian Peterson (aka "AP"), Minnesota Vikings
- Running back #2 - Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Wide receiver #1 - Calvin Johnson (aka "Megatron"), Detroit Lions
- Wide receiver #2 - Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
- Wide receiver #3 - Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
- Tight end - Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
- Defense/Special Teams - New England Patriots
- Kicker - Matt Bryant, Atlanta Falcons
You will not only get the studs, but also the duds.
DENI'S DON'T YOU DARE START THEM THIS WEEK DUDS
- Quarterback - Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
- Running back #1 - Eddie Lacy, Green Bay Packers
- Running back #2 - DeAngelo Williams, Carolina Panthers
- Wide receiver #1 - Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
- Wide receiver #2 - Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants
- Wide receiver #3 - Stevie Johnson, Buffalo Bills
- Tight end - Martellus Bennett, Chicago Bears
- Defense/Special Teams - Atlanta Falcons
- Kicker - Dan Bailey, Dallas Cowboys
Also, it is time to introduce Spaz's replacement. He is the Michigan Gnome and he provided the following "Sleepers" for week #1. They are the players worth reconsidering before you finish your lineup card for the 1st week of fantasy football.
MICHIGAN GNOME'S SLEEPERS FOR WEEK #1
- Quarterback - Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
- Running back #1 - Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions
- Running back #2 - Steven Jackson, Atlanta Falcons
- Wide receiver #1 - Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs
- Wide receiver #2 - Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Wide receiver #3 - Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis Colts
- Tight end - Brandon Myers, New York Giants
- Defense/Special Teams - Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kicker - David Akers, Detroit Lions
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to email@example.com.