Denver quarterback Peyton Manning is fantasy football's Most Valuable Player (MVP) for 2013 and leads an All-Pro list that includes three (not two) running backs,, three wide receivers, one tight end, one kicker and one defense/special teams combination.
Manning was the leading fantasy football scorer with 516 points, which is 90 points better than quarterback Drew Brees of the Saints who finished second in scoring. Manning broke Tom Brady's single-season record for touchdown passes by throwing 55 for the Broncos and averaged an amazing 32.25 points per game.
For the first time, we had a tie for the No. 2 running back. Chicago''s Matt Forte and LeSean McCoy of the Eagles share the honor of being second only to the Chiefs' Jamaal Charles.
Though only three wide receivers can be members of the All-Pro list, Josh Gordon of the Browns, Detroit's Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas of Denver and the Steelers' Antonio Brown finished first through fourth in a very tight battle among the premier pass catchers in fantasy football.
Here is the All-Pro starting lineup for the 2013 fantasy football season:
- Quarterback - Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
- No. 1 running back - Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
- No. 2 running back (tie) - Matt Forte, Chicago Bears and LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 1 wide receiver - Josh Gordon, Cleveland Browns
- No. 2 wide receiver - Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
- No. 3 wide receiver - Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos
- Tight end - Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
- Kicker - Stephen Gostkowski, New England Patriots
- Defense and Special Teams - Carolina Panthers
Feel free to share your feedback, insights, suggestions or questions by commenting on this article, tweeting me @denimartin, or by sending an email to email@example.com.