Special treats and kitchen activities that are enjoyed only on snowy days. Yummy ways to have fun in the kitchen using snow.
Snow Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 gallon or big bowl full of snow
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate milk
Mix the ingredients together and enjoy
Snow Root Beer Float
2 cups of fresh snow
1Tablespoon sweet condensed milk
1 cup cold root beer
Snow cones with berries
- 2 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 cups snow
Partially defrost and mash strawberries and blueberries with sugar and water in a saucepan using a potato masher. Bring to a boil, stirring, then boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender and purée until almost smooth, about 1 minute. Pour berry mixture through a colander into a bowl, discarding solids. Chill syrup until cold, about 1 hour.
For each serving, spoon 3 tablespoons syrup over 1 cup lightly packed snow. Enjoy!
- 1 Large bowl of fresh snow
- 1 ½ cups of cream
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
Pour cream and vanilla over snow. Gradually add powdered sugar until well blended. Be careful it doesn’t melt. Add more snow if needed.
Pour fruit juices or syrup over fresh-fallen snow.
For more Family Fun ideas check out:
· Slide show: Molasses-On-Snow Candy from The Little House Cookbook.
- New Year family friendly poems quotes and Auld Lang Syne
- New Year family resolutions for 2014
- 2014 Family Winter Fun
- Happy New Year family activities
· Learning at home by Rhonda Cratty. A parent resource, filled with ideas for families. This e-book can be purchased through Amazon.com for daily fun activities that make all subjects become more than pencil and paper, moving into the authentic way of everyday life. 48, four per month, ideas that can happen anytime. Around the kitchen table, in the backyard, on summer vacation, everyday within the comfort of family. Each idea can work with multiple ages and needs within a family. Tucked in are lists of family friendly books, recipes, and games.