Fall is here! Pumpkins are everywhere, cinnamon scents the air and children are dreaming of costumes and candy.
With these beautiful days and slightly chilly nights, one of the best things about fall is to spend time outdoors at a fall festival. Below are a few area favorites for you to consider.
- Osceola County's Haunted Halloween - fun for older kids, or a unique date night this event is sponsored by the historical society and pioneer museum. Younger children may enjoy the kids crafts and s'mores, but be forewarned there is a spooky walking tour through the woods that is a main attraction.
- Boo at the Zoo - hosted by the Brevard Zoo is a wallet friendlier alternative to some of the larger Halloween-themed theme park attractions. There are magic shows, costume contests, dancing at a mystical mansion and a light show!
- Spooktacular - No, not the infamous SeaWorld candy filled extravaganza, this one is hosted by Avalon Park and features a costume parade, bobbing for apples, pumpkin carving contests and much more.
- Sarasota Pumpkin Festival - This annual event had to find a larger location this year to hold all of the awesome family fun! Carnival rides, street performers, face painting and a pumpkin patch are only a few of the boasted offerings.
- Ooky-Spooky Haunted House - this event at Green Meadows Petting Farm showcases 13 rooms of a not-so-scary haunted house billeted to be safe for the little ones and a free pumpkin (included with admission) from their pumpkin patch.
From the scary, to the not-so-scary, have a safe and wonderful fun filled family time this fall!