A family was forced to flee their home when a bunch of bananas from the grocery store had spider eggs that hatched in their home. The deadly spiders were thought to be the Brazilian Wandering Spider, which are venomous and deadly, according to the Metro on Nov. 4.
Consi Taylor, 29, said she was eating a banana when she noticed tiny spots on them. She at first thought it might be some type of mold. When she looked closer she could see movement, they were spider eggs hatching.
The tiny spiders were scurrying around her table top and on her carpet. She said she just started to cry. Her husband sent a picture of the spiders to a pest control firm who immediately told them of the dangers of these spiders, causing the family of four to leave their London home and check into a hotel while their house was fumigated.
Along with a three-day stay at a hotel with their two young children, Cosi and Richard Taylor had to dry clean all the clothes and bedding in the home. The grocery store where they had purchased the bananas originally gave them back the price of the bananas when she first called to report the spiders.
They have since reimbursed the family for all the expenses occurred with a hotel room for three nights, a fumigation company and dry cleaning. This was one horrifying situation for the young family.
Look how tiny these spiders are in the picture above, they are so small, they are hard to see. It's amazing how deadly these spiders can be. Luckily the family escaped without any harm, but it may be hard for them to enjoy a banana again!