You can start getting your kids reading skills to improve by having shared reading time. Where you encourage the older sibling to read to the younger sibling. You can look for interesting books that will appeal to them. I encourage books that talk about siblings . I encourage reading these books:
1. First Rule of Little Brothers by: Jill Davis
2. How to Be a Baby by Me...the Big Sister by: Sally Lloyd-Jones
3. Little Brothers by: Beth Norling
4. Being a Big Sister by: Joanna Cole
5. My New Baby and Me: A First Year Record Book for Big Brothers and Sisters by Dan G. Smith
These are some of the starter books you can encourage your older siblings to read to their younger sibling. You can encourage them to read about siblings. You can check out great books at the Wilkes Public Library. You can encourage them to read books that will be interesting to share with their younger siblings at Story time. You can encourage them to create their own Record Book for when their siblings turn 2 or 3. Encourage your kids to create a record book that documents all the story times and great moments shared. This is a great way to get your kids reading and connecting with each other.