As the leaves change and autumn arrives, it is the best time of the year to enjoy the season with your family. There is no better time to spent some quality time with your kids, getting out in the cooler weather and beautiful colors that this time of year brings. Spice up the fall season with some fun activities. It is such a special season with so many opportunities to create some wonderful family time memories.
Get out of the House – Grab your jacket or favorite sweater and get out of the house. There are some great things you can do around town.
- Go apple and pumpkin picking.
- Take a walk and collect colorful fall leaves.
- Take a drive or a hike to discover the beauty of the season.
- Attend a fall festival.
- Discover a new farmer's market - perfect season for some fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Have fun on a hay ride or get lost in a corn maze.
Fall Crafts - Bring in your treasures from outdoors and decorate your house with the season's natural beauty.
- Use your collected leaves to make a collage, make some leaf rubbings or glue to a ribbon or string and make a leaf garland to hang around the house.
- Use a sliced apple and paint to create beautiful stamping art.
- Draw or paint a picture of all the trees and leaves that you saw on your trips in the outdoors.
- Use your leaves and play-doh to make some leaf impressions.
- Paint faces on your pumpkins or gourds that you collected at the Farmer's market.
Autumn Treats – The flavors of the season include warm spices, apple and pumpkin.
- Bake some fresh pumpkin bread or cupcakes.
- Make a tasty apple crisp or simple baked apples.
- Have a tasty treat with some orange hot chocolate - heat up your favorite white hot chocolate mix; add in some orange food coloring; and top with a Halloween themed peep marshmallow treat.
Holiday Fun - Don't get spooked by the coming fall holidays. Create your own family holiday memories.
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Get spooked in a haunted house.
- Watch some of your favorite scary movies.
- Celebrate Octoberfest with some sausages, apple cider or a medley of fall vegetables.
Don’t let fall blow past you without spending some fun family time together! There are so many fun ways to create some wonderful family memories during our brisk, colorful autumn days.