Good news for the City of San Jose--the San Jose Convention Center expansion is done. The old library building has been replaced by a new structure that is fully integrated into the convention center. The existing space has been renovated and upgraded. The expansion enlarged the center by 125,000 square feet, bringing the total square footage to 550,000. The hope is that the updated and expanded facility will bring more conventions, events, and visitors to downtown.
Get a preview of the renovations (and your tax dollars at work, if you live in the City of San Jose) by attending the Community Day festivities on Thursday, October 10 from 4:30-9 pm. This celebration will feature entertainment and activities for the whole family. Highlights include:
- Bugs Bunny at the Symphony presented by Warner Bros. and featuring Symphony Silicon Valley
- Photo opportunities with the Looney Tunes characters
- The Big Draw lessons provided by The Chuck Jones Foundation
- Robots from The Tech Museum of Innovation
- Looney Tunes animation artwork display
- Car show presented by Silicon Valley International Auto Show
Food and beverages will be for sale at the event. We can only hope that they don’t charge convention-style pricing! If you’ve ever paid $6 for a cup of coffee at a trade show, you’ll know what I mean!
Before attending the celebration, take a look at the time lapse video of the construction!
San Jose Convention Center
150 W San Carlos Street
San Jose, CA 95113