November 2, 2013
- $15 Lunch Special at 701: Enjoy a main course plus a glass of wine or soda for $15. Menu items include a juicy portobello mushroom sandwich, creamy risotto with chestnuts, oysters with a spicy Asian coleslaw, and ricotta cavatelli.
- City Tap House to open: D.C.’s newest pub, opening this month, will seat 180 and serve lunch, brunch, and dinner. The venue will sell craft beer from all over the country and classic bar food such as pizza, sandwiches, and small snacks.
- Daikaya Debuts Lunch Menu: Featuring rice bowls and lavash wraps all under $15, Daikaya’s new lunch is bound to be as popular as its ramen shop and izakaya dinner menu. Try the Japanese curry bowl, made with potatoes, peas, and carrots. Each items is served with your choice of soup or salad.
- The Carolina Kitchen opens its first DC location in 2014: This Southern restaurant will open on Rhode Island Avenue in January, and will offer a home-style menu, with items such as fried okra, cornbread, fried green tomatoes, sweet potato fries, and homemade cobblers.
- Crepes-On-A-Stick now available at Dolci Gelati: Sweet and savory crepes will be available; be sure to try the caramel apple or the pear and white chocolate! Crepes will be sold for $3.00 a piece.