Make it a weekend by visiting Les Bourgeois Vineyards and staying at one of several deluxe B&Bs in the area.
Les Bourgeois Vineyards and Winery – produces some of the best wines in Missouri. The vineyard produces a broad variety of red, white and sparkling wines. Grapes are grown and the wine produced on the bluffs overlooking the Missouri River.
Stopping here is a must. the view of the Missouri River Valley is spectacular. The scenic view is ideal for parties, gatherings and weddings. Come for lunch or dinner, or just stop by for a wine tasting.
Though guests flock to this vineyard for the wide selection of wines, plan your visit to include a meal at the gourmet restaurant. The view is as enjoyable as the meal at the A-frame bistro.
From inside the restaurant or on the patio, you can watch the eagles and hawks riding the thermals. Lunch and dinner are served, but it's also a peaceful place to come and enjoy a glass of wine and the view between lunch and dinner meal services.
The wine garden and the bistro are an excellent starting place as you build a custom weekend getaway in Rocheport. With numerous B&Bs, fine dining and easy access to the Katy trailhead, this is the ideal spot for bikers, walkers, a romantic weekend or girlfriend getaway.
Overnights - Weekends fill first at all the B&Bs, so nail down your accommodations first thing.
• Amber House B&B www.amberhousebb.com ”Relax, you’re here” in the heart of beautiful Missouri.
• Hotel Frederick www.hotelfrederick.com Hotel Frederick boasts the warmth of a Missouri bed and breakfast with the sophistication of a boutique luxury hotel. (Boonville)
• School House B&B www.schoolhousebb.com Stay in class at the School House B&B
• Yates House B&B www.yateshouse.com Many a couple, intent on romance, has taken the after dinner moonlight walk from Les Bourgeois Bistro back to the Yates House
Dining - Go from casual to elegant or, even show up in your bike clothes. Rocheport has menus to suit all tastes.
• Blufftop Bistro at Les Bourgeois Vineyards http://missouriwine.com Blufftop Bistro phone: 573-698-2300, email: firstname.lastname@example.org reservations suggested. Try the wine garden and bistro for lunch or dinner. Serving signature house-smoked meats, fresh seafood, hearty pastas and only the best sun-ripened produce from our garden.
• Abigails – A seasonal menu changes twice daily. The menu is written on a dry erase board and brought to your table. Don't let the casual atmosphere fool you. The food is gourmet fare starting with homemade salad dressings and soups. Entrees are upscale offerings ranging from a red tuna with brie, basil and capers or, pasta with triple bell peppers, carrot feta and cashews. Oh and did we mention pie? Wonderful, tender crusted home baked pie! 206 Central Street. Call 573-698-3000.
• Rocheport General Store - offers lunch and dinner, Missouri wine and domestic/ imported beer. BBQ brisket, deli sandwiches, salads, homemade soups. 206 Central Street.
Make it a daytrip from St. Louis or Kansas City, a girlfriend’s getaway or, sneak away for a weekend of romance. Pencil in a Rocheport escape once and you will be back again and again.