Fall Activities at Jesse Jones Park in Houston
- Pontoon Boat Tours along Spring Creek – September 19 all day, ages 8 and up. Call for reservations.
- Birding on Monday Mornings – October 19 and November 16 at 7:30 a.m., ages 12 and up.
- Adopt-A-Trail – November 7 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., all ages to do trail maintenance work.
- Bug Walk with Wildlife Biologist Don Olhausen – October 31 at 10 a.m., all ages. Take a walk with Don to learn about the grubs, worms, and insects of the park.
- Settlers Blacksmithing – October 10 from 1 – 3 p.m., all ages. Demonstration on blacksmithing and settler life in early Texas.
- Pioneer Day – October 14 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., all ages. Living history look at life in early texas.
- Stargazing – October 7 at 7 p.m., all ages. Learn about the stars and planets. Call for reservations.
- Second Sunday Pickers – October 11, November 8 from 2 – 4 p.m., all ages. Bring an instrument to enjoy folk music.
- Pioneer Campfire – October 21 at 6:30 p.m., all ages. Hear performer Bobby Bridger an enjoy cider and roasted marshmallows around the campfire. Call for reservations.
- Haunted Homestead – October 24 from 5 – 8 p.m., all ages. Hayride, spooky homestead, and jack-o-lantern lit trail are featured.
- Carnivorous Plants – October 3 at 10 a.m., all ages. Learn about carnivorous plants and get to take one home.
- Fall Migration – October 17 at 7:30 a.m. Watch the fall migration of birds and a banding demonstration on a guided walk. Call for reservations.
- Canoe Spring Creek – September 26 at 9 a.m. and September 27 at 2 p.m., ages 16 and older. Enjoy a canoe trip from Jones Park to the San Jacinto River. Call for reservations.
Check the Jones Park website for additional information on all of these events.