The FAFSA forms can be a bit confusing and you might wonder if it is worth it. YES! Fill out those forms! If you want money to go to college, those forms are a key.
What are some of the tips Time Business and Money gives for getting the most money using the FAFSA forms?
- File early: File as soon as you can, which means tax forms must be done early too. You want to be first in line for money to attend college.
- File no matter what: Even if you don't think you qualify, file. You never know, and you would hate to know you turned down money to attend college.
- Fill out the forms completely: If you need help, don't be afraid to ask. There is help online, and some colleges will help you fill out the forms.
- Include a letter: If one year your income was over $200,000 but then someone lost a job and the income is now $100,000 write a letter explaining and proving that. It can make a difference
- Negotiate: If there isn't enough money to attend college, talk to the college. Tell them how much you need and why they need you to attend there.
So, start learning those forms now and be ready to submit them as soon as you can so you can get money to attend college.