FAFSA forms are due soon, so take time during the winter break to collect what you will need:
- W-2 forms, 1099 forms, records of income
- Federal income tax forms from the prior year
- Records of paid child support
- Records of untaxed income
- Bank statements
- Records of scholarships and fellowships
Collect all of those now and be sure you have a Financial Student Aid PIN.
Plan to submit the FAFSA forms as soon as possible. They are available January 1, 2014. Even though the deadline is in June, you want to be early, so file now.