America is known to be a consumer culture and so it is fitting that the United States is home to one of the biggest malls in the world—The Mall of America. Located in Bloomington, Minnesota, the Mall of America (sometimes called simply “MoA”) is so large that seven Yankee Stadiums could fit inside of it! The Mall of America is home to over 520 stores, an amusement park (containing 25 rides and attractions) and an aquarium! The mall has over 11,000 year-round employees and has greeted over 40 million visitors every year since its opening in 1992!
Below is a list of facts about the Mall of America:
• Four out of every ten people in the Mall of America are tourists. However, most visitors are from the Midwestern states or Canada.
• The Mall of America has 8 acres of skylights that enable about 70% of natural light to enter the mall.
• The Mall of America is always kept at 70 degrees, no matter what the weather outside is like.
• If someone wanted to spend ten minutes in every store it would take them 86 hours to see everywhere in the mall!
• Over 400 events are held at the mall every year and over 5,000 wedding ceremonies have been performed there!