Facebook is doing everything in its power to make sure we are giving it as much attention as possible. Social media has evolved as a primary way to get the news. Facebook announced today it is launching a new app next week: Paper. It's a slick new app that may compete against the main Facebook app. Unfortunately for Android smartphone owners, the app will only be made available for iOS on February 3.
Paper will include content from your News Feed, but it will also allow you to follow and keep up with your favorite interests. Facebook say users will be able to customize their Paper experience "with a choice of more than a dozen other sections about various themes and topics—from photography and sports to food, science and design. Each section includes a rich mix of content from emerging voices and well-known publications."
Paper is one of the first apps released by Facebook labs, which is destined to release more apps designed to deliver engaging content. Paper features include:
- Everything responds to your touch so you can pick up or thumb through stories with simple, natural movements
- You can tilt your phone to explore high-resolution panoramic photos from corner to corner, and see faces and other important details up close
- Fullscreen autoplay videos come to life and bring you deep into the action
- Beautifully detailed covers make it easy to spot articles from trusted publishers and decide what to read or watch.· Articles unfold in the app and appear fullscreen for a focused reading experience
- When you're ready to tell your own story, you know exactly what your post or photo will look like because you see a live preview before you share it
To an early glimpse of Paper, visit www.facebook.com/paper.