Face Off begins tonight's episode with Roy and Laura missing Eddie's smile. Laney seems to have suffered some sort of psychological shock from being in the bottom looks in last episode. The contest begins at Kenneth Hahn State Park, where McKenzie reveals that their subjects will be dark elves. Laura expresses her love of elves, which just makes Laura even more awesome. Each contestant selects a FUTHARK rune and must create a dark elf inspired by it. The catch is they don't know what the runes mean.
- Laney: Eihwaz (Immortality) - armor made of human bones dipped in gold
- Tate: Berkano (Regeneration) - a female warrior with burnt-and-new flesh who breeds with male warriors to continue the line
- Roy: Laguz (Psychic Powers) - a devolved big-headed psychic humanoid
- Miranda: Thurisaz (Chaos) - begins whining about having created two elves already, but chooses to go with a Mayan-like warrior
- Laura: Perthro (Occult Abilities) - armor, corset, and a helm infused with the rune.
I'm disappointed that 1) nobody mentioned drow, and 2) that nobody thought of doing a more anime-style elf (that means you Laney). But that's perhaps to be expect, because Laney flames out this episode, after she breaks down in the bathroom. She just quits the show entirely. Something makes me think she'll do just fine.
- Laura: Probably the most traditional dark elf
- Tate: A snake-like hybrid with cracked skin
- Roy: Creates something more xvart-like
- Miranda: She just didn't finish the makeup in time. Also, Tate didn't help her this time.
- NONE! Laney went home so Miranda is saved from herself.
Want more? Subscribe to this column; follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar. Become an Examiner and get paid to write today!