Wouldn't it be great if your kids naturally enjoyed exercise? If this were the case then childhood obesity wouldn't be the looming problem that it is.
What better way to get your kids moving than to find a fun exercise activity your whole family can enjoy together? Your family will not only be healthier and trimmer, but will spend quality time connecting and set habits that may last a lifetime.
Here are some fun, fabulous and creative ways to incorporate exercise into the life of your family.
Make Chore Time Fun Time
Combine chores with fitness while making it fun!
• Turn up your family's favorite tunes and sing and dance while cleaning the house
• Let the kids take turns choosing the music
• All ages can be involved
• The youngest can pick up toys or sweep the floors; older kids can vacuum, dust, and help with laundry
Want a little more wiggle in your family exercise routine?
• Invite the kids' friends over for a dance party
• Move the furniture out of the way, turn down the lights, and turn up the tunes!
• Then get moving kids will have a great time with this
Family Fitness Nights
Instead of sitting around watching a movie or playing a board game go on a walk or bike ride together.
• Head to a nearby trail in the woods and go on a hike
• Invite another family to join you and organize a soccer game, whiffle ball tournament, or relay races
• Set up badminton net in the backyard
• Roller-skating is a fun family workout
Let each family member take turns choosing which activity to do on family nights, but keep the nights focused on fun fitness.