Professional photographer or occasional shutter bug, now is your time to learn how to comfortably use Photoshop Elements to enhance, manipulate or simply make your photos better. Learn to do everything from importing your images into Photoshop, to using layers and masks to do advanced adjustments on your images.
This 2-day workshop hosted by the F/2 Photo School runs from Saturday, March 2nd from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm; and Saturday, March 9th from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The course is split over two weekends so that participants can practice skills learned and apply them the following week.
According to the F/2 Meetup page, here are the topics they will cover:
Saturday, March 2nd
- Understanding the organizer and how to take advantage of all it offers.
- Getting images from your camera to your PC.
- Organizing your images for reliable backup.
- Renaming files as you import.
- Fixing basic issues with your jpg files – color, tone, contrast.
- Fixing red-eye
- Exporting, sizing, and sharing images.
Saturday, March 9th
Working with raw files
- Why raw capture helps you over shooting jpg.
- How to process raw files using Adobe Camera Raw.
- Fixing up people – fixing blemishes, red-eye, wrinkles
- Using layers to make adjustments you can change.
- Using masks to apply adjustments selective to parts of an image.
- Simple HDR using multiple exposures with layers and masks
- Making great black-and-white images
The price of this 2-day course is $55 and includes 8 hours of class instruction, comprehensive instruction material, sample images and homework.