Many of us who get a thrill out of working out everyday(or at least several days a week) also have a passion and a desire for traveling to new and exotic places around the world. However on our travels, we don't do much working out as we should. Just because we are on vacation or on business in a new place, doesn't mean we sacrifice the hard work we have developed for our bodies. Here are a few simple things you can do to make sure you are boosting your workout while in an unfamiliar place.
1. Pack equipment with your clothing - when traveling you don't have to sacrifice getting a good workout because you don't have any equipment with you. Most of the time when you are traveling you are not going to be gone for more than two weeks at a time anyway. If you can, pack yourself some athletic clothes to change into at some point during the day. you can order resistance bands that are lightweight and don't take a lot of space in your luggage, good running shoes will be ideal as well, i all else fails just resort to some good calisthenics workouts you can do in your hotel room.
2. Explore your new city - get on your walking/running shoes and take a walk and explore the city that you are in. A scenic route can not only help you in time having jet-lag depending on how far you traveled, but it can also help you with keeping your cardio workout intact without sacrificing any down time while you are out on your travels.
3. Use your hotel - in a time now where everyone is trying to cater to the health conscious individual, a lot of hotels and resorts are investing in fitness centers in their facilities. they have a lot of the state of the are treadmills, weight rooms, even some have saunas and hot tubs/jacuzzi. You paid good money for the 5-star hotel that you are in, why not take advantage of all of its amenities.
4. Swimming anyone? - Many places that you travel too have water parks or may be close to a beach where you can try new activities such as wave boarding, water skiing, or simply just a nice swim in the water. If you are with a group and can ind a net. you can also play water volleyball. Serve Up!!!!
5. Workout DVDs - you should have a collection of workout DVDs at your disposal that you can take with you on your trip to help keep you going while you are out on vacation or work travels. all you need is your hotel room, comfortable gear and about an hour to yourself to watch your video and really getting a nice good workout in.