1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. Music

EXTRA!!!: Ringo to join Paul McCartney at David Lynch benefit show!!

We've just learned from informed sources that Ringo Starr will be appearing along with Paul McCartney at the David Lynch Foundation benefit April 4 at Radio City Music Hall. The two ex-Beatles will share top billing.
Also on that show are Donovan, Eddie Vedder, Sheryl Crow and Moby. We also have been told possible additions are Ben Harper, Mike Love of the Beach Boys and Erykah Badu.
Proceeds will be used to teach transcendental meditation to a million kids.
The information was originally published on a blog, but was confirmed through other sources.

LATE ADD: 2/15 UPDATE HERE: http://tinyurl.com/5m6g6o
  • Have our Beatles Examiner columns delivered conveniently to your inbox. Click SUBSCRIBE on the button below this column. It's free. (And we promise we'll never send spam or give out your information.)
  • Our previous columns are available below.
  • Write to us at beatlesexaminer@gmail.com
  • For more Beatle news and history, see my Beatle website Abbeyrd's Beatles Page.

Comments

• macbrat 5 years ago

Wow!!! What a night this will be (for those lucky enough to be there)!!

• Allan 5 years ago

This is very exciting news, Paul and Ringo together.
    Thanks Steve for the info Steve, you are the man.

• Patti M 5 years ago

Holy Smokes Steve! It's going to be even tougher to get tickets now. My gosh this show is going to be long, and with all these acts, why didn't they have it at Madison Square Garden for Pete's Sake!

• 4thDoctor 5 years ago

It’s nice to see such established stars donate their time for the benefit of this charitable organization. The David Lynch Foundation is helping a million children learn TM. That will be such a boost to their learning potential.

• Patti M 5 years ago

• Joy Cohen 5 years ago

You can hear those ticket prices rising!

• Linda 5 years ago

Oh no! Not transcendental meditation to kids. It is not good to teach that to anyone, much less innocent children!
    This type of thing opens a person up to ungodly spirits. Please research this subject according to the Bible. I had to learn the hard way. www.boblarson.org/testimonials.html

• peacepilgrim 5 years ago

I work with David Lynch. This rumor about Ringo is untrue. I just contacted the Lynch Foundation's director, who told me that Ringo is NOT scheduled to appear at this benefit concert. I also checked with the TM Blog, which Beatles Examiner cited as a source, and there was never any mention there of Ringo being on the ticket. Sorry folks, maybe Ringo will come but for now it's just gossip.

• peacepilgrim 5 years ago

And by the way, Transcendental Meditation does not open a person to ungodly spirits or to any kind of spirits, as claimed below. It's a simple, natural technique for settling inward to experience the natural state of pure creativity and intelligence within you, while your body gains profound, rejuvenating rest. If you want to know the positive effects of TM, ask the doctors: www.askthedoctors.com

TM is not a religion or philosophy, but a technique that anyone can practice and benefit from, regardless of religion or way of life.

Some great information about the Beatles involvement in TM can be found at this Website devoted to the Beatles' experience in India with Maharishi: www.beatlesinindia.blogspot.com

This site tells the true story of what happened between Maharishi and the Beatles.

TM is transform our schools into stress-free places where students can learn better and actually become educated, not just crammed full of facts but where they can unfold their full inner potential and grow into emotionally balanced, stable, harmonious human beings while they learn the usual ABCs.

• peacepilgrim 5 years ago

oh, now I see which TM blog you're talking about that mentioned Ringo. There's also a blog called "The TM Blog" that doesn not mention Ringo. The blogger who maintains the site you referenced did state that Ringo was coming, but had wrong information. DLF strongly affirmed that Ringo is not lined up to come. The blogger at www.beatlesinindia.blogspot.com has accurate and up-to-date information, it appears. There are lots of rumors flashing around.

• Steve Marinucci (Beatles Examiner) 5 years ago

peacepilgrim: I stand by the story.

• Allan 5 years ago

If the information is incorrect, how come the director himself does not deny this here ?
    Until Steve says other,It's still on.

• John Damm 5 years ago

I hope to hell that Mike Love won't be there as he is terrible, both musically and as a man. I know of his long connection to T.M. but if he is an advocate for it than it must be a scam! Sexy Sadie what have you done, you made a fool of everyone.....

• Rick G....Fans on the Run 5 years ago

There is a banner at the top of the Lynch Foundation site that lists Paul AND Ringo now. [and no Mike Love]

Rick G {Firemen On The Run}

• archie 5 years ago

This is going to be a great concert -- and for such a brilliant cause. I learned TM many years ago and my life from that moment became more of everything I wanted and far, far less of what I didn't want. My love of God has deepened appreciably due to my TM practice. TM isn't a religion (which is why religious leaders of all faiths practice it) but it gets rid of the stress that keeps us down and unaware of God's love. I wish someone had taught me TM when I was in school! Hooray for Paul, Ringo and the David Lynch Foundation!

• Dan 5 years ago

Pearl Jam's covered their share of Beatles songs, including "I've Got a Feeling", would be awesome if Vedder and McCartney did that one.

Expect Howard Stern to attend (but not admit it until afterwards) because he's been a long time TM advocate. I also read Lynch's "Catching the Big Fish" which goes into Lynch's feelings about TM and how it affects his work. As far as Mike Love, Carl's passing was the end of the Beach Boys, and Donovan has shown up at past Lynch-related lectures.

I don't see TM as dangerous any more or less than I see religion dangerous, or tai-chi or yoga for that matter, but as we know, some forms of yoga and tai-chi are considered illegal in some countries. And religion is used as a means to justify killing in some cases.

• Steve Marinucci (Beatles Examiner) 5 years ago

Mike Love is not confirmed. If he does do the show, I wonder if he'll perform with the Beach Boys or on his own.

• L 5 years ago

Mike Love IS confirmed ;-), in their first update:

"Update

David Lynch Foundation Benefit Concert
    Featuring Paul McCartney, Eddie Vedder, Donovan, Sheryl Crow, Moby, Mike Love, Paul Horn"

• Frank Caesar Branchini 5 years ago

Will Mike Love perform with The Beach Boys? Gee, I don't think so. At least not as long as Carl Wilson and Brian Wilson remain dead. I have no respect for Mike Love. When he is performing without Brian Wilson and Al Jardine it isn't The Beach Boys.

• Allan 5 years ago

Great inspirational post Archie, you spoke the truth and in a very positive tone.
    It is awesome that Paul and Ringo will be performing together,although I won't able to go,I'm happy for those who get the chance to see both Beatles together.
    Hope it is filmed and photos taken.

• William Concannon 5 years ago

To Linda: Is it possible that you've been brainwashed by a "born again", Pentecostal or other right-wing, fear-based type of religion so prevalent in the USA? There are billions of people in the world, myself included, for whom the bible is a source of authority for absolutely nothing. Relax Linda, and don't let extremists make you afraid of "ungodly spirits" - there's no boogeyman, either.

To John Damm: I've read the books and articles, but I don't know Mike Love personally, so I can't comment on his worth as a human being. You must know him quite well to make such a statement. His voice was an integral and immediately recognizable part of the Beach Boys sound. Even if he's a "terrible man", to smear TM because of him makes no sense. Also, he was at Rishikesh along with the Beatles and Donovan, so maybe it's kind of a Class Reunion. As far as "Sexy Sadie", it's a great song, and John tended to poke at authority figures (good!), especially if he felt they let him down. George obviously didn't give up meditation, Paul and Ringo are supporting the cause, and John continued to be a spiritual seeker later in life. A few years ago Paul took son James to meet Maharishi.

Frank CB: Brian Wilson is not dead, Carl and Dennis are. In some kind of legal agreement, Love still tours with sometime BB Bruce Johnston under the Beach Boys name. Al Jardin was touring as The Beach Boys Family and Friends, including Brian's daughters and Al's son. Don't know if he still is. I forget which faction original BB David Marks is affiliated with.

• Allan 5 years ago

As a Christian,I see nothing wrong with TM,it does get positive results and one of the basic rules of being a Christian is not judging others.

I would love to be there with Paul,Ringo,Donovan and Mike Love, a splendid time is guaranteed for all.

• Ed 5 years ago

The concert of the decade right here , in my opinion. Transcendental Meditation has its merits. So does dream flying, which I believe is connected in some way. Rock on!

• Perri Pictures 5 years ago

This will be a great show. The new documentary, SCHOOL OF THOUGHT, will show you why these music superstars are doing this benefit concert at Radio City. The film is about Transcendental Meditation in schools and what the David Lynch Foundation is doing to bring meditation to students everywhere. Watch the first eight minutes of the movie for free at: www.perripictures.com

Today's top buzz...

• AC/DC
    Brian Johnson announces that AC/DC’S forthcoming album is complete
    Music Buzz
  • World Cup fan
    This sexy World Cup fan was spotted in the crowd and offered a modeling gig
    Video
    Today's Buzz
  • Giants
    Should the San Francisco Giants ban culturally insensitive items from the ballpark?
    Sports Buzz
  • Kevin Spacey
    The Emmy nominations prove that viewers don't always turn to the major networks
    Camera
    10 Photos
  • Motley Crue
    Motley Crue bids a loud farewell to St. Louis as their final tour rolls on
    Camera
    20 Photos
  • Paul McCartney
    Fans are thrilled to see Paul McCartney back on the road after an illness
    Camera