The Discovery Center at Mill Mountain Park will host a program, "Who Lives Here?", on Saturday, March 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for children aged 5-12.
Children will explore the mountain with a naturalist, looking for signs of animals who have emerged from hibernation or are migrating northward.
The cost is $6.00 and registration can be completed online at the Play Roanoke website.
To complement this activity, read the following spring-themed picture books with your young child:
- I See Spring by Charles Ghigna and Ag Jatkowska
- Splish, Splash, Spring by Jan Carr and Dorothy Donohue
- My Spring Robin by Anne Rockwell, Harlow Rockwell, and Lizzy Rockwell
- When will it be Spring? by Catherine Walters
- Wake Up, It's Spring! by Lisa Campbell Ernst
If you found this information useful and would like to know more about nature in the Roanoke and New River valleys, please click on the subscribe link below the byline to be notified by email whenever this Examiner posts a new article.