Glenn, an itinerant jet-setter has made three trips around the world in the last three years. Guys like Glenn are always on the lookout for interesting places to bed down. Most of the time luxury rues with stays at hotels such as those run by the upscale Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, which recently reined in ranking at the Forbes Travel Guide Star Awards. Eight of the Group’s hotels achieved Five Star distinction in both the hotel and spa categories, Mandarin Oriental, New York, Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, Mandarin Oriental, Singapore and The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong and were joined by new award-winners Mandarin Oriental, Miami and Mandarin Oriental, Macau.
For the first time, Mandarin Oriental, Miami achieved the Forbes Five Star Award across all three categories, for its hotel, spa and restaurant, and becomes the second property within the Group to garner this accolade. Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas and Mandarin Oriental, Miami are two of only six hotels worldwide to hold this prestigious honor, the most out of any other hotel group and the only hotels in Miami and Las Vegas to be so awarded. Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas has held their Triple 5-Star Award for the Hotel, The Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire for the second consecutive year. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is an urban oasis that has continued to hold their 5-Star Award for the third consecutive year.
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong will be celebrating “50 Fantastic Years” throughout 2013 with a host of special promotions to honor this milestone achievement. The yearlong offerings will commemorate the iconic hotel’s past 50 years, as well as, its next 50 years, here in the heart and hearts of Hong Kong and its people. Adding a 20th Century twist at the exclusive Krug Room, guests can expect the unexpected with amazing and sense-stimulating creations such as “Fruit Loops 2013,” and Julia Childs-inspired “Beef Bourguignon”. Legendary Chef Pierre Gagnaire will also be adding his artistic twist to a series of 1963 dishes during one of his three visits to the Michelin-starred Pierre restaurant. Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok was recently voted the ‘Best Hotel in Thailand’ in the Conde Naste Traveler ‘Readers’ Choice Awards’, and in tribute to 136 years of legendary service. A memorable, weeklong Legends of the Oriental package, affords guests legendary accommodations, which include; personal butler service, two complimentary nights of dinner at Sala Rim Naam & Le Normandie, and much more. Package is available for $500 per night and valid until March 31, 2013. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental, Paris has a new fashion offer, J’aime Chloé is inviting guests to celebrate the first Maison Chloé on 253 Rue Sainte-Honoré. The package J’aime Chloé includes luxurious accommodations for one night, breakfast for two at Camélia, VIP access, and a limited edition “Alice” handbag, medium model in exclusive “stem ginger/gold Savannah.” This package is valid through March 31, 2013 for $4,291 Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco is offering guests access to this prestigious new exhibition “China’s Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor’s Legacy,” on view at San Francisco’s Asian Art Museum. This rare U.S. exhibition is available for viewing through May 27, 2013, which publicly showcases Emperor Qin Shihuang’s (259-210 BC) attempts to conquer death and achieve immortality. The Terracotta Warriors package includes luxurious accommodations for one night, two VIP admission tickets for the exhibition, and an official exhibition catalogue with information about his burial complex. Rates start at $545 a night through May 12, 2013 Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco.
- Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur is doling that ‘lovin feeling with a romantic package that is good through December 30, 2013. The Romantic Rendezvous is the perfect way to rekindle romance while enjoying an array of complimentary benefits. The 3 days, 2 nights’ stay includes daily breakfast for two at Mosaic restaurant, dinner for two at Mandarin Grill, complimentary upgrades, and late check out until 6:00 pm for only $510. Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur
- Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai is scheduled to open in the second quarter of 2013 and will be a masterpiece of contemporary luxury on the Pudong waterfront. The 362-room hotel and 210 fully serviced executive apartments are poised to be Shanghai’s most desirable address. Designed to impress, this is the home to the largest and most expensive Presidential Suite in Shanghai, spanning a glorious sky garden terrace and magnificent river views. The Group now operates, or has under development, 45 hotels representing 11,000 rooms in 28 countries, with 19 hotels in Asia, 13 in The Americas, and 13 in Europe, Middle East and North Africa. Mandarin Oriental, Shanghai.