Explore Miami’s iconic Little Havana district by participating on a culinary tour and taste the flavors of the prohibited island to get a feel for what life in Havana must be like. Miami Culinary Tours offers visitors a delicious alternative to learn about the colorful residents through food and culture as pointed out by Examiner Tom Falco.
Walk to the beat of the salsa music blaring in the streets, visit tobacco shops like Cuba Tobacco Cigar Co., enjoy the urban art and bright murals, all while stuffing your face with a variety of samples from selected restaurants of the area. Add to this mix the knowledge dropped by the excellent guides that know all about the food you're eating and about the Cuban culture and customs of this area. At Azúcar Ice Cream Company, as Maria Salas points out, the ice cream flavors must get approval from the locals playing domino across the street before being sold to the public. Flavor doesn't get any more cultural than that.
Following is the list of places visited by Miami Culinary Tours in Little Havana:
- Gainza Gallery: Local multifaceted artist. Introduction to the artistic influence of the area.
- El Pub: Delicious empanada stuffed with savory picadillo meat made like tradition dictates, stuffed plantain, and a cold beer.
- Cuba Tobacco Cigar Co.: Learn from the most Cuban of all traditions, to work the tobacco and roll perfect aromatic cigars.
- Restaurante Exquisito: Medianoche sandwich and home made mariquitas (thinly sliced fried plantain).
- Máximo Gomez Park: Old school Cubans gather for domino and to reminisce of the good old days.
- Yisel Bakery: Delicious guava pastry that goes perfectly with a Cuban coffee.
- Frutería Los Pinareños: Country style fruit and vegetable market where guests try juice from freshly squeezed sugar cane.
- Art and history lessons: A walk around this iconic neighborhood to appreciate the urban art and traditions of the area’s residents.
- Azúcar Ice Cream Company: Choose from the curious list of flavors such as corn, platano maduro, mamey and dulce de leche.