Breakfast literally means break the fasting period of the prior night since it is the first meal eaten after rising from a night's sleep. Usually breakfast is eaten in the early morning before undertaking the day's work
Most people know that it is important to eat breakfast, and a lot of people have their favorite dishes for breakfast.
Some people admit they are so rushed in the mornings that they have no time for breakfast before leaving home; however, they might have something when they get to work an hour or so later.
Importance of Breakfast
- Breakfast eaters tend to be leaner.
- Dieters are more successful at weight loss when they eat breakfast.
- According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, a study found that those who skip breakfast have higher cholesterol levels and carry more mid-section weight than breakfast eaters.
- Breakfast is said to improve mood and concentration.
The Best Time to East Breakfast
Some nutritional expects also recommend eating breakfast within 30 minutes of waking to jump-start your metabolism. Other experts gives people up to a hour for their first meal.
The reason for eating within an hour is because the longer you wait to eat, the greater the risk your metabolism will slow down and your body will shift into starvation mode in response to the long wait for food.
Concerning breakfast, two important things should be considered:
- Do not skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day.
- Eat breakfast between 30 minutes to an hour after waking up.