I don't know about you but my kitties are pretty spoiled. All this Fancy Feast business and natural cat litter puts a relative dent in my pocketbook come month's end; so much that I can rarely splurge on the finer things that I too love and enjoy. Such as a manicure, facial and... what is that word again...oh yes, a massage.
Hardworking feline moms deserve a break. Don't you think? We get pounced on in the morning, fluffy tails swat at our faces throughout the night, and we get meowed at (for meals) within moments of batting our lashes. Talk about demanding. Let's not forget I have two young boys who have earned their keep and they generously allow me a few more moments of beauty sleep. Something is just not right with this equation.
I don't know what your cat does to earn your love, loyalty and affection, but I believe it's time my kitties paid back. So I took to their kitty litter (unused of course) and whipped up my very own homemade facial mask.
While there are plenty of recipes for 100% pure clay litter masks that mimic those found at fancy upscale spas, I got creative and opted for Blue Buffalo Company "Naturally Fresh" litter which is made from walnut shells that help tighten and shrink pores, slough and exfoliate the outermost layer of skin, and impart a healthy glow.
Here's how you can whip up a batch of this cat's meow mask in no time flat.
- Two tablespoons of Buffalo Blue brand kitty litter (available at Petsmart)
- One tablespoon honey
- Two tablespoons of warm water
- Mix litter, splash of honey and warm water.
- Microwave in heat-safe bowl for thirty seconds.
- Remove and stir with spoon.
- Place back in microwave and reheat an additional one minute.
- Allow mix to slightly cool to touch and then apply in a circular motion onto face, avoiding your eyes and mouth.
- Wait ten minutes.
- Remove with a warm soapy washcloth.
- Apply moisturizer and give your face a rest for the night. (Preferably in your bed, with a book, a cup of tea or coffee, and a big cat tail that seriously has nothing better to do than to swat...at that GORGEOUS face.)
Mom: 1 Kitties: 0
Who's feeling fancy now?