“Usually half of the 144 participants are Slammers,” said Andy Rajhathy, vice-president of ClubEG. “Although it's treated like a regular event for Slammers, it really is a big one. Doggies and skins will be worth oodles.”
The Slammer Tour members will hit the course with fellow EG members, non-members and guests who are all invited to shoot 18 holes on one of the capital region’s premium tracks. The field will follow up their rounds by sitting down to a tasty dinner and prize party. Vegetarian options will be made available.
Here are some of the details:
- 1 p.m. shotgun start
- Registration opens at 11:30 a.m.
- Includes golf, range balls, power cart, contests, dinner and prizes
- Your choice of social or competitive golf
- The Ian Campbell ‘The Guy In The Kilt’ Putting Contest
- Special after-golf trivia contest
- Three lucky participants will putt for a year of unlimited free golf
Pricing, plus HST
- EG Members: $110
- Non-members, guests and members-to-be: $125
- Dinner only: $35
Other contests include:
- Long drive contest
- Closest-to-the pin contest
- Cross the rope contest
- Beat EG for a free round of golf
- $5K hole-in-one for all participants (tentative)
Slammer Tour members can register by visiting http://www.slammertour.com/events.php.
All other players can sign on at http://www.executivegolf.ca/events/egopener.shtml#register.