“The 2014 Ottawa Sun Scramble City Championship Week is set for Aug. 18-24,” said Andy Rajhathy, vice president of EG. “Players who made the cut in their respective divisions will get priority registration as of March 1.”
The 2013 Ottawa Sun Scramble finished up in dramatic style on the weekend of Aug. 17-18 with the crowning of champions in 10 divisions.
More than 800 players teed it up in the two-round partner competitions, Regimbal Media Challenge and three qualifying events.
The tournament is a scramble format where both players take a shot and the better of the two is used.
The Ottawa Sun Scramble was launched in 2005 with Open and Senior tournaments at Eagle Creek Golf Club.
“The tournament committee would like to congratulate all of the 2013 champions and participants, and to extend a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to all of the wonderful sponsors, courses and volunteers who make this event possible,” said Rajhathy.
Here are the 2013 champions:
- Flagstick Open - Chris McCuaig and Ben Bell in a playoff over Joe Dubinski and James Paterson
- Ladies Open – Brenda Pilon and Lise Jubinville in a playoff over Morgan McHardy and Erin McHardy
- GolfWorks A Division – Jeff Gordon and Bill Arvanitis
- Senior Open – Graham Gunn and Stan Hogan
- Junior Open – Matthew Acton and Brad Musclow
- Ladies B Division – Cheryl Hill and Sharon Windsor
- Ladies C Division – Lisa Haime and Diana Roscoe in a playoff over Dianne Gowan and Rosemarie Buxbaum
- Flashpoint Photobooth D Division – Eric Seguin and Fred Emard in a playoff over Joshua Roesler and Andre Sauve
- Absolute Comedy Division – Matthew de Vroome and Mark McDonald
- Promomedia B Division – Martin Shaw and Alan Gustafson
For more details, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.