Forget the belief that Disney is only for those vacationing with families. That is so far from the truth. In fact, the Walt Disney World Resorts and Theme Parks can be very exciting for couples looking to keep the spark flickering. Many love birds flock to Disney World for romantic getaways, weddings, honeymoons and to even pop the question. So if you ask me…Disney is not only for families.
Here are some things to do while on your romantic getaway at the Walt Disney World Resorts:
- Purchase bride and groom ear hats and wear throughout your Disney vacation. Ear hats can be found at many merchandise locations.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at the California Grill which offers a spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom.
- Take a Carriage ride at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside or Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.
- Enjoy a show at Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba, located at Downtown Disney.
- Experience fine European cuisine at Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
- Go under the sea for a unique dining experience at the Coral Reef Restaurant at Epcot.
- Get married with Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings.
- Fill your room with flowers delivered from the Disney florist while you are spending the day at the park.
- Spend the afternoon together at one of the spas found at Disney Deluxe Resorts.
- Go out on the waters of Bay Lake aboard the Sea Ray Grand 1 Yacht.
- Get wild with a Sunrise Safari Breakfast adventure at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- No romantic getaway is complete without a dinner at Victoria and Albert’s located at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
Sit down and make a plan to experience the romantic side of the Walt Disney World Resorts.
Travel tip: If taking your honeymoon at Disney, sign up for Disney’s Honeymoon Registry where wedding guests can help pay for your upcoming Disney getaway.