The housing market is slowly making a comeback after the worst recession most of us can remember. Some cities are better off than others, and the experts at Shea Homes have compiled a list of the fifteen best real estate markets in the United States. This list is based on median home prices as well as amenities in each city, so no matter which city you choose, you will be likely to have an excellent quality of life.
1. Rochester, New York has a median home price point of only $116,000 and includes such amenities as a parks system designed by Frederick Law Olmstead and the Susan B. Anthony House.
2. Phoenix, Arizona has a median home price of $170,000 and includes over 120,000 acres of parks.
3. Orlando, Florida has a median home price of $165,000 and includes such attractions as Disneyland and Universal Studios.
4. Atlanta, Georgia has a median home price of $257,500 and includes such amenities as The Coca Cola Meseum and The Georgia Aquarium.
5. Charlotte, North Carolina has a median home price of $208,750 and is home to 210 parks.
6. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has a median home price of $128,250 and includes Myraid Botanical Gardens with 17 acres of formal gardens.
7. Seattle, Washington has a median home price of $440,000 and is home to Amazon and The Space Needle.
8. Nashville, Tennessee has a median home price of $208,000 and is home to the Country Music Hall of Fame.
9. Salt Lake City, Utah has a median home price of $387,090 and boasts 104 parks and 6 golf courses.
10. Raleigh, North Carolina has a median home price of $171,800 and features several prominent museums.
Click here to view more details about these cities as well as the rest of the list from the experts at Shea Homes.