Birmingham always has a lot going on, you just have to know where to look. Most organizations have monthly newsletters and updates that you can sign up to receive by email. Below are some great businesses to stay in touch with.
- Organic Harvest: This well-rounded health food store in Hoover offers great workshops. Tuesday, March 23 from 6-8pm, Jane Smalley will present the Digestion and Health Seminar. Thursday, March 25 from 10-11:30am, join them for coffee and discussion about curing autism. Tuesday, March 30 from 6-8pm, Dr. Russell from UAB will present Part 1 of Managing Celiac disease (gluten intolerance) for adults.
- Jones Valley Urban Farm: Swine and Wine fundraiser for Jones Valley is Sunday, March 21st at Old Car Heaven. Chefs from Little Savannah and The Veranda on Highland will be providing the food, and International Wines, Good People Brewery, and Birmingham Budweiser will provide the drinks. Bluegrass music by Lou Wamp & Swing Shift ensures a good time for all. Delicious food by gourmet chefs, great music, and drinks all for $50 ($45 if you preorder from www.littlesavannah.com). Proceeds support a great organization that teaches organic and sustainable gardening.
- Red Mountain Park: Sunday, March 21st is also the monthly tour of Red Mountain Park, Birmingham's green space project. The park is years from completion, but monthly tours are given to arouse support and excitement. This park promises to be the largest green space in the country.
- McMinn Clinic: Dr. McMinn is largely focusing his alternative medical practice on sexual health. Saturday, March 27th from 9-11 will be the men's only sexual health workshop. This workshop will address sexual health concerns related to aging, medications, stress, and medical conditions. McMinn always offers interesting workshops, so sign up for their newsletter on their website. From 12-4 that same Saturday, Dr. McMinn will be offering health screenings at Whole Foods Market.
- Pilates on Highland: This classical Pilates studio is nearing the end of March Madness, a month of multitudes of group mat classes. Find your ease of movement through alignment with Pilates.