The charming French town of Ste. Genevieve (about an hour south of St. Louis - learn more about the great B&Bs, food and wine, and tigers of Ste. Genevieve here) hosts many events throughout the year. Here are some highlights to look forward to in 2014:
- Chocolate Walk - February 15 - Sample chocolate at participating downtown establishments (tickets $5)
- Fourth Friday Art Walk - Every fourth Friday February through November - View works of local and regional artists in Ste. Genevieve art galleries
- Ste. Genevieve Route du Vin - April 12-13, May 17-18, November 15-16 - Special events on the Route du Vin wine trail
- Master Gardeners Garden Walk - May 17-18 - Celebrate spring by viewing private gardens and learning secret tips from members of the Master Gardeners Club (tickets $7)
- Summer Music Series - June 6, 13, 20, 27 and July 11, 18, 25, 26 - Now in its sixth season, check out regional and national touring acts on stage at the Orris, a former movie theater in the historic district of downtown Ste. Genevieve (ticket prices vary)
- French Heritage Festival - June 14 - Celebrate 300 years of French culture in America with music, dance, French cuisine and other refreshments, wine, beer, reenactments, parades and French Colonial architecture tours (most events and demos are free)
- Plein Art Event, Art Show and Sale - September 26-October 5 - Following the European tradition of capturing the atmosphere of the outdoors, contemporary artists are invited to paint outdoors in scenic Sainte Genevieve. The event includes multiple paint outs, competitions, prizes and social events.
To learn about more events in 2014 and get tickets, visit visitstegen.com.